Children are born with a natural desire to explore and learn and in our Foundation Stage at Oxford Road we take our lead from what the children are interested in at that moment. We employ a 'planning in the moment' approach to allow us to do this. Adults join the children in their play and look for the 'teachable moment' approach to allow us to do this. Adults join the children in their play and look for the teachable moment where we can introduce new skills and support them on their unique learning journey.
Foundation Stage at the Oxford Road incorporates a morning nursery, afternoon nursery and Reception class. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage framework which outlines 7 areas of development.
The prime areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language - Speaking, Undertsnading and Listening and Attention
- Physical Development - Moving and Handling, Health and Self Care
- Personal, Social and Emotional Developmment - Managing feelings and behaviour, Self-confidence and Self awareness, Making relationships.
The Specific Areas of learning are:
- Mathematics - Number, Shape, space and measure
- Literacy - Reading and Writing
- Understanding the World - People and Communities, The World, Technology
- Expressive Arts and Design - Using media and materials, Being imaginative
For more information on children's development please follow the link to the very useful document What to expect, when.
We welcome visitors to our setting so that you can see the nurturing environment we have created that meets the children's physical and emotional needs. If you visit Oxford Road you will see that our children are independent, purposeful, engaged and constantly learning.
Please keep up to date with what we are doing by visiting our Foundation Stage Blog and the news section on the website.
For more information about our Nursery setting, please follow the link to our Nursery Booklet that should answer any questions you may have.