Transition to Foundation Stage in Autumn 2020
A very warm welcome to the Oxford Road Community school for the children and families joining us in September 2020! We have now sent out admissions e-mails to parents and carers of the children starting in the Autumn term. If you have not already sent admissions forms to the school office please ensure these are received as soon as possible.
We have also sent out some helpful transition booklets with information about the Foundation Stage setting for both parents and children. These have been posted to your home. They can also be found following the links. Nursery transition booklet Reception transition booklet. In addition to the transition booklets we have sent you dates for your child's transition into Foundation Stage. Should you have any queries about these transition dates you can contact the school office on 0118 937 5511 and ask to speak to Miss Hogan.
Online presentation for parents of children joining our Foundation Stage:
- Information for Reception Class Parents - a presentation for parents and carers of children joining our Reception class in September 2020.
- Information for Nursery Class Parents - a presentation for parents and carers of children joining our Nursery class in Autumn 2020.
Guidance for our school uniform, including where to purchase uniform can be found here. Oxford Road Community School Uniform
Oxford Road Community School Facebook Community:
We have a very active Facebook community group with regular videos and activities posted online. Please search 'Oxford Road Community School' to request to join. Please note that you will need to state the name of your child who will be joining us in September before an admin will enable you to view and contribute to the group.
Getting ready for starting in our Foundation Stage/helpful videos for parents and carers:
Our very own Mrs Cunnett has taken the time to prepare the following videos to support you in supporting your child with their transition to our Foundation Stage. Please follow the links below which cover topics parents most frequently ask for our support with:
- Bed Time Routines - Developing Healthy sleeping habits
- Toilet training
- Sharing books and reading with your child
- Bottles and sippy cups, moving on to using a cup
- Supporting the development of fine motor skills
- Pushchairs and walking to school
- Getting dressed - supporting independant dressing and undressing
- Spare Clothes and dressing for the weather
- Supporting your child to feed themselves
- Learning to write your name